Estate Planning, Probate, and Trust Administration in Los Angeles
Helping You Protect Your Family's Future
Are you worried about what may happen to your loved ones, property, or business after you die? Are you looking to set up an estate plan that avoids probate?
Have you recently experienced the death of a loved one and now need assistance with probate or trust administration?
At the Law Offices of Maria N. Jonsson, PC, we are prepared to address your concerns with compassion and efficiency.
Serving Marina del Rey, Venice, and the Surrounding Areas
Representing individuals and families throughout Los Angeles County, Maria Jonsson, Esq. takes great pride in helping her clients make some of life's most difficult choices, navigate complex legal processes, and bring calm and peace of mind in the face of an uncertain future.
If you need assistance with Estate Planning, Trust Administration or Probate, contact our law firm to get professional advice and guidance.
Consult us if you need to:
- Develop a comprehensive Estate Plan, or update your existing Estate Plan
- Create a Will, Advance Health Care Directive, or Power of Attorney for Property Management
- Learn about the different types of Trusts, and which one may be right for your own situation
- Complete Small Estate Administration and other non-Probate transfers
- Set up a Prenuptial, Postnuptial, or Cohabitation Agreement to protect your property rights
- Assist you as an Estate Executor or Administrator in a Probate
- Assist you as a named Trustee of a Trust with fulfilling your numerous legal duties
- Assist you as a Beneficiary of a Trust to assert your rights and entitlements
- Assist you with an existing Probate case filed with the Court
Maria Jonsson, Esq., brings decades of experience in navigating complex family dynamics to assist her clients with all aspects of pre-death planning and post-death administration. Whether you have an idea what type of Estate Planning you need, or you have a general goal but aren't sure how to achieve it, we encourage you to bring your questions and concerns to get detailed professional guidance.
The Importance of Updating Your Estate Plan
Probate and Tax laws are changing. It is important that you review your existing estate plan to ensure that it is up to date and that you are receiving the full benefits of the changing laws.
Our firm can help you review or amend a trust or any aspect of your estate plan. Our goal is to help our clients take the necessary steps to avoid probate and ensure that their wishes are carried out after they are gone. If you are already facing probate or need assistance with trust administration, either as a Trustee or as a Beneficiary, we can assist you.
Our Los Angeles estate planning and probate lawyer offers compassionate, personalized legal counsel tailored to your unique needs. Don't pay the high price of regret; contact the Law Offices of Maria N. Jonsson, PC today.
The Only Thing More Expensive than a Custom-Drafted Estate Plan Is Regret
While many people put off estate planning, we cannot overstate the importance of these legal documents. A solid estate plan can protect your family and loved ones from a difficult probate process and conflicts that may arise after you are gone. An Estate Plan is best prepared and signed when one is healthy and happy - not in the 11th hour lying in a hospital bed, or when mental capacity is starting to fade. In fact, signing legal documents under such circumstances is a recipe for litigation.
At the Law Offices of Maria N. Jonsson, PC, we can help you with all aspects of estate planning, including:
- Setting up Trusts and Pour Over Wills
- Trust review and Trust amendment
- Assistance with Funding your trust
- Establishing Powers of Attorney
- Creating Advance Health Care Directives
What sets us apart is a commitment to a superior level of client communication and service:
- We take the time to understand your specific family dynamic — the prism through which each case becomes very unique.
- With every case, we look to identify your most important objective and then find and implement a practical solution to reach your goal.
- You can talk to us — and we explain complex legal concepts in plain English.
- We value your time and your commitments. We know you are busy managing a work-life schedule, so we offer flexible consultation times to fit your life commitments.
- We anticipate worst-case scenarios and offer preventative planning advice while keeping you within your budget. However, where the need arises, we have a wide network of highly esteemed legal partners who focus on relevant areas of law that we can confidently refer you to.
Call Today for Personalized Support
Laws change — and so do your personal circumstances. As such, Estate Planning is an ongoing process, and we recommend reviewing and updating your Estate Plan every three to five years to ensure it remains current. As a client-focused law firm, we look forward to working closely with you to address any immediate challenges, and help you accomplish your long-term goals.
Use the power you have today to prepare for what tomorrow may have in store. Call (424) 383-8445 or contact us online
Mediator by Training & Peacemaker by Heart
We believe that an Estate Plan should leave behind not only property, but most importantly – harmony, rather than tear families apart with poorly drafted or ambiguous and confusing terms.
We Work as Part of a Larger Team
We work with our clients' financial planner, CPA, realtor, insurance broker, etc., to implement a well-rounded and thorough legal plan for wealth preservation and inheritance transfer.
Strategic Planning & Attention to Detail
We carefully look at each factor that affects the execution of an Estate Plan – from the perspective of minimizing and eliminating post-death conflicts.