Serving Marina del Rey, Venice, and the Surrounding Areas
Representing individuals, families, and businesses throughout Los Angeles County, Maria Jonsson, Esq. takes great pride in helping her clients make some of life’s most difficult decisions, navigate complex legal procedures, and obtain peace of mind in the face of an uncertain future.
If you need assistance with Estate Planning, Trust Administration, Probate Court matter, or Business Formation, contact our law firm to get professional advice and guidance.
Consult us if you need to:
- Develop a comprehensive Estate Plan from scratch, or update your existing Estate Plan
- Create a Will, Advance Health Care Directive, or Power of Attorney for Property Management
- Learn about the different types of Trusts, and which one may be right for your own situation
- Complete Small Estate Administration and other non-Probate transfers
- Set up a Prenuptial, Postnuptial, or Cohabitation Agreement to protect your property rights
- Administer a Probate Estate as the named Will Executor, or as Estate Administrator
- Administer a Trust as the named Trustee
- Get assistance with an existing Probate case filed with the Court
- Understand and assert your rights as a Beneficiary of a Will, a Trust, or an Estate
- Form a business entity, such as an LLC, a Corporation, or a Professional Corporation
Maria Jonsson, Esq., brings years of experience in navigating complex family dynamics to assist her clients with all aspects of pre-death planning and post-death administration. Whether you have an idea what type of Estate Planning you need, or you have a general goal but aren’t sure how to achieve it, we encourage you to bring your questions and concerns to our firm to get detailed professional guidance.
The Importance of Updating Your Estate Plan
Estate planning laws are changing. It is important that you review your existing estate plan to ensure that it is up to date and that you are receiving the full benefits of these new rules. Depending on your particular situation, it may be prudent for you to revise your current credit shelter trusts in order to take advantage of the new estate tax exemptions.
Our firm can help you review or amend a trust or any aspect of your estate plan. Our goal is to help our clients take the necessary steps to avoid probate and ensure that their wishes are carried out after they are gone. If you are already facing probate or need assistance with trust administration, either as a trustee or beneficiary, we can assist you with this as well.
Our Los Angeles estate planning and probate lawyer offers compassionate, personalized legal counsel tailored to your unique needs. Don’t pay the high price of regret; contact the Law Offices of Maria N. Jonsson, PC today.
The Only Thing More Expensive than a Custom-Drafted Estate Plan Is Regret
While many people put off estate planning, believing the process to be complicated and lengthy, we cannot overstate the importance of this legal task. A solid estate plan can protect your family and loved ones from a difficult probate process and conflicts that may arise after you are gone.
At the Law Offices of Maria N. Jonsson, PC, we can help you with all aspects of estate planning, including:
- Small estate planning
- Wills and trusts
- Trust review and amendment
- Funding your trust
- Establishing powers of attorney
- And creating health care directives and pour-over wills
We also assist our clients with:
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements
- Cohabitation agreements
- Business entity formation
- Business succession planning
- And much more
What sets us apart is a commitment to a superior level of client communication and service:
- We take the time to understand your specific family dynamic — the prism through which each case becomes very unique.
- With every case, we look to identify your most important objective and then find and implement a practical solution to reach your goal.
- We return calls and emails promptly. You can talk to us — and we explain complex legal concepts in plain English.
- We value your time and your commitments. We know you are busy managing a busy work-life schedule, so we offer house-calls and weekend appointments to avoid mid-week disruptions to your day.
- We anticipate worst-case scenarios and offer preventative planning advice while keeping you within your budget. However, where the need arises, we have a wide network of highly esteemed legal partners who focus on relevant areas of law that we can confidently refer you to.
Call Today for Personalized Support
Laws change — and so do your personal circumstances. As such, Estate Planning is an ongoing process, and we recommend reviewing and updating your Estate Plan every three to five years to ensure it remains current. As a client-focused law firm, we look forward to working closely with you to address any immediate challenges, and help you accomplish your long-term goals.